You have undoubtedly heard more than your fair share of marketing advice over the past few years about integrating social media with your other marketing efforts. While the information is certainly out there about optimizing your presence, there are many questions that still exist about the effective use of time and the expectation of ROI.
Capitalizing on LinkedIn is key to success in business and that is especially true of building a robust account and using the platform daily. There is huge benefit in building out recommendations, as this can be the key to creating lasting clients and larger spheres of influence.
The most imperative thing is making sure that your profile is well filled in. From where you went to school to what fraternity or sorority you pledged, each detail helps people find you. If you feel comfortable, posting your resume is also very important and will help people find you as well as recognize you from the past.
Follow these tips to make the most out of LinkedIn:
- Use a great, professional picture
- Enter the URL for your website and customize the title by choosing “other” and provide a catchy title for your site. Think “Best Relocation Realtor in Charlotte” or “Home Buying Specialist”
- Include your Facebook URL as well as your twitter handle
- Think of the summary as your own personal mission statement to your clients. Tell them why you do what you do and what differentiates you from your competition.
- Import your contacts from Outlook
- Seek out former work associates, alumni, friends & neighbors
- Use your LinkedIn account to promote your blog or videos
- Customize your LinkedIn today page to be relevant to mortgage and real estate industry news to keep you in the know
- Find groups specific to your area or alumni groups from college and post in these groups
- Ask for recommendations!!!
At Fairway, our goal is to help promote our partners while serving the best needs of our clients. We always promote our partners in social media as well as on our blog. If you have questions, please leave them below in the comment section and we would be happy to help answer those.